This coming week is my first full week back with the kiddos. We had them for 3 days this past week, and I am EXHAUSTED!!! Five days will be an adventure, I think. At least we'll be getting started on our normal routine.
Here's a few things we will be doing:
- Writing our Class Code. We didn't get to it last week. As a class, we brainstorm a whole bunch of rules/guidelines and then consolidate them (basically until we get to Be Safe, Respectful, and Responsible, which are our school-wide behavior expectations)
- Launching Daily 5 (Read to Self and Word Work are my goals for this week)
- Studying Place Value and learning about Math Workshop. After the first two weeks of school, we rotate classes for math (we change about every month). Like I did last year, I'm going to train my homeroom kiddos really well about Math Workshop so they can help the others learn my procedures during each rotation (since there will be a handful of mine in each class).
- Studying Maps - I'm still working on planning this. If you have any ideas, please let me know!
- Building our working-time stamina. Last week, they couldn't quietly work for more than about 10 minutes.
- Saving Fred - check out my post here if you haven't heard about Fred (he's in the Teambuilding section)!