Thursday, August 1, 2013

Back to School Goals

Goals, Goals, Goals


I am always good at setting goals and having my students set goals, but not always at going back and reflecting on them later (or having the kiddos do that).  So I'm linking up with I {heart} Recess for Monthly Goals: Back to School Edition.  Maybe having them on here will get me to look back later on.  Hey, it's worth a try.



Personal:  Last summer, my boyfriend (now fiancĂ©) and I started working out regularly and eating healthily.  We both lost about 30 pounds.  We managed to keep it going until early November.  Then we lost the momentum and rarely worked out and ate worse and worse.  We're back on track now, and I want to keep it going all year long.  And, of course, I've got a wedding to plan!

Organization:  For the past two years, once I've made copies of something, I've just put the master copy in a big, unorganized box.  I'm really working on getting that organized this summer (I'm about half way done and summer's more than half way over -oops!)  My goal this year is to keep on top of the organization system I'm creating.

Planning:  I always spend basically my whole weekend planning and grading.  I've got to stop that!  It drives me crazy!

Professional:  We're switching to Common Core this year.  I think that keeping up with that is enough of a professional goal.

Students:  So many of my students, both really good students and struggling students, have said they hated learning or hated school.  I really want to help my students find something they are interested in.

Motto:  This goes for me and for my students!

What are your back to school goals?

4 comments:

  1. How exciting! When is your wedding? So fun to plan!
    -Lisa
    Grade 4 Buzz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same disorganized box!! :) Last year I tried really hard to file things in binders as I made them. I had 2 Maths binders and a Language binder full of sheet savers and stuck any master copies I made into them. It worked for 2 terms and then I got overwhelmed - hoping to do better this year (and I now have to organize the binders into topics - they're kind of jumbled)
    Congrats on your upcoming wedding. I'm celebrating 26 years this August 20th :)

    Lynn

    Fun in the Fours

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck on getting yours organized! I'm having a mental block about it right now because I am trying to organize all my math and language arts things from before common core by the common core standards and they just don't all fit very well!!!
      Thank you and happy early anniversary!

      Delete