It's time for Teacher Week '13!
- I am getting married in just under a year to the greatest guy! I could not be more excited!!!!!
- I am getting ready to start my third year teaching 4th grade. I love the curriculum and seeing the kiddos personalities blossom. I could live without the girl drama.
- I decided that I wanted to be a teacher when I was 6 years old. Until my junior year of college, I thought my dream age to teach would be preschool or kindergarten. Now, I love my upper graders!
- I played water polo in high school and college (and did swim team in high school). Now, I'm working on teaching myself to like running (which I have always HATED - hence the water sports).
- I love to sew, but don't make time for in enough. I've been working on a quilt made of all my swimming and water polo T-shirts for about 3 years now ...
- I majored in creative writing in college.
- I'm an only child.
- I like/need to sleep a LOT. I basically can't function on less than 7 hours. I can easily sleep 10-11 hours if I don't set an alarm!
- I have always been ridiculously organized. Yet, somehow, my classroom is not. I'm working on that!
- I keep myself very busy. My fiancé always says that I don't know how to have free time!
I'm excited for the rest of Teacher Week. Unfortunately, I will have to skip tomorrow's link up because my room is not ready enough to show! :( I'll be showing it sometime next week probably! I can't wait to learn more about all of you and see your classrooms tomorrow!