Sunday, September 16, 2012

Tell Me Something Good

I'm linking up with Rowdy in First Grade for her Tell Me Something Good Linky.  What a great reminder to focus on the positives, both at school and at home!




At School:
Well, just about everything about this class!  Their behavior is fantastic and when it starts to slip, I remind them that they can do better, and they do!  I think part of this is just the group of kiddos, part of it is better management on my part, and part of it is the classroom community we're building.  We have read and talked about being a Bucket Filler and have "Sunshine Notes" they can write to each other that we read on Fridays.  We're really starting to work as a team!

At Home:
I am making time for myself to read.  I stop working at least 20 minutes before bed and spend that time reading a book or magazine that is in no way, shape, or form school related.  Even this small amount of me-time is so much more than I did last year!

What's going good for you? 
 Link up with Rowdy in First Grade to share with us all!

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you have a great class! I so need to make time for reading again. I feel like a happier person when I can unwind a bit! So glad you linked up!
    Rowdy in First Grade

    ReplyDelete